Assignment: Research Project

Fundamentals of Spatial Computing
Course website: http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/594cm/2010/index.html
angus

Assignment: Research Project

Post by angus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 am

Hi 594CM,

The description for the Research Project has been posted (there's a link on the course page). Also, I've included links to GLSL tutorials and simple Processing code (in BasicShader.zip) which loads, compiles, links, and binds a test vertex and fragment shader.

Please use this forum to briefly describe your research project.

Also, please make sure that you are able to run the test.vert and test.frag shaders (found in the BasicShader data directory) or some of the shaders from the posted tutorials in the environment of your choice before class on Tuesday.

Cheers, Angus

adams

Re: Assignment: Research Project

Post by adams » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:10 am

I think I'd like to explore bump mapping for my final project. Or maybe stereographic rendering if it's not too much trouble finding glasses or using the computer in the Allosphere lab.

angus

Post by angus » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:21 am

Cool, I'd say present bump mapping for the research project next week since we have a guest speaker coming in to talk about stereographic rendering the following week. Also, bump mapping would be a fun technique to implement in GLSL. There are some tutorials on-line, in the Orange GLSL book, and in one of the GPU Gems books (I forget which). You can certainly do any of your projects in 3D; in addition to the Allosphere, there's a computer with an active stereo card in 2809 (along with and a bunch of red-blue glasses). -Angus

ritesh

Post by ritesh » Thu May 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Here's the link to my project: http://mat.ucsb.edu/ritesh/594CM.html

(Homographic Projection)