Tuesday Project

Amusesmile

Tuesday Project

Post by Amusesmile » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Hey y'all,

A few of us were talking about how to get the project for tuesday started- specifically how to get data being fed into the server to affect something else- processing for example. I'm attaching a working skeleton of that in case anyone is having trouble. To make it work, run DoStuff.java from eclipse or whatever- this should open up a java applet and a DatagramServer. Then from the command line or terminal, javac the DatagramClient.java file. Then actually run the DatagramClient with arguments like this:

[ java DatagramClient "192.168.0.11" "1 3 2 5 7 8" ] <----without the brackets of course

The first argumet "192.168.0.11" is the ip address you want the information to go to.
The second argument "1 3 2 5 7 8" is what information you want to send- in the case of my program, a string of numbers which can be any length separated by spaces.

After you send that, the DatagramServer should respond. ONLY after you send the information, click around within the DoStuff applet to draw pretty ratios randomly selected from the string "1 3 2 5 7 8" or other numbers you input.

Hope that's helpful to someone, somewhere.
Attachments

[The extension tar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

mhetrick

Re: Tuesday Project

Post by mhetrick » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:02 am

Here's my project:
git://github.com/mhetrick/DatagramArt.git

Check the README for info.