Trouble with Windows and GLUT

GatesWinkler

Trouble with Windows and GLUT

Post by GatesWinkler » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm having trouble getting my programs to run with GLUT, I guess up to this point i was only using opengl and glu.

I don't know if anyone knows how to fix this, but maybe a second set of eyes can help, I haven't been able to come up with anything in my own searches.

I downloaded and unpacked the GLUT package, and copied the .h files to my Microsoft SDK folder. I then ran the makefile that came with the GLUT download and copied the resulting .lib to the SDK library folder and the .dll to the Windows/SysWOW64 folder, as per instructions I found here:
http://thoughtsfrommylife.com/article-7 ... press_2008

My code builds properly in visual studio, but when I run it, i get an error box which says "The program can't start because MSVCR90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I tried copying a MSVCR90.dll file i found elsewhere into my SysWOW64 folder but then I get a runtime error saying the application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

Does anybody know how to get GLUT running on win7 with visual studio 2008?

angus

Re: Trouble with Windows and GLUT

Post by angus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Gates, did the sample code that Javier provided in 201B last quarter work? His GLUT demo was running on Windows and the code is available from the 201B syllabus. Let me know if you are still having issues. -Angus