file23.jpg
file14.jpg
file12.jpg
file3.jpg
file1.jpg

jguzman02

Re: PROJECT 2: Layers Composite

Post by jguzman02 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:52 pm

For my Layers project, I decided to go with the theme of concerts. I really liked the idea of how chaotic the images looked after the layering process, so I thought it might be interesting to base the my image off of concerts since most concerts are often also chaotic in nature. To add to this concept, I also tried to use as many of the layer effects, without repeating any, as I could in order to create an interesting image.

I used 27 different images. Each layer used a different effects, however, due to the darkness, and hardness of most of the images, I was unable to effectively use the hard light, linear light, and luminosity effects. This was a little disappointing for me since I would have liked to use all of them. I tried to arrange the images based on where the stage stood in the picture.

Overall I think this is an interesting image. Although, the image does not fully resemble the concert images, it does imply the same concept of chaos. The image gives the impression of a burning house in a mountain setting. This idea of a burning house can relate to a chaotic event which is similar to that of a concert‘s nature. Furthermore, It is in a mountain setting which is most commonly thought of as being a serene environment. This clash of chaos and calmness is interesting to me.
burninghouseconcert.jpg