w08 Expand the Vision

karenyliu

Re: w08 Expand the Vision

Post by karenyliu » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:59 pm

I have chosen four art installation projects for this assignment.

My first artwork installation project is a real life transformer project, “TRANSFORMERS” by a French artist Guillanume Reymond. He made a series of performaces to bring together different types of vehicles by gathering them according to a precise choreography and creating what looks from the sky like gigantic robots. Below is a link to a video of his project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epEjByo2 ... r_embedded

Another project I found is Patrick Dougherty’s branchworks sculptures. He makes fantastic sculpture and huts from saplings, branches, and twigs. The one below is called Na Hale o’ waiai, which is Hawaiian for “Wild dwellings built from strawberry guava.” I found his work really amazing, beautiful and interesting.
9.jpg
The next artist’s art installation I found is Dan Havel and Dean Ruck’s project of Tunnel House. Dan Havel and Dean Ruck turned the house into an art installation known as “Inversion” using boards from the outside of the houses they created a large funnel-like vortex running between the two that ends in a small hole in an adjacent courtyard. It has a cool effect particularly fro those who always wanted to experience a black hole without the whole “being crushed to a quantum singularity” end result. The amazing affect it has is really surprising. Below is a photo of this project.
9-2.jpg
Lastly, I found this interesting project by artist Markus Lerner for Osram, Germany in Munich. The interactive panels react tot the flow of the passing traffic. It is interesting and fascinating to see how the artist has used the passing traffic as an influencing input of the artwork, but the feedback appears to be very subtly. There’s a link to the video below showing the changing of color on the panels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k7GS572 ... r_embedded