Re: w03 - Beyond the Rectangle

Post by catherine05 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Printing Press
Attachments
week3.jpg

mlen

Post by mlen » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

For the following image, I took 11 images of a parade in Solvang, California, and placed them by following lines present in each image. I did not resize or transform the images in any way. They are all raw images placed on top of one another.
Solvang1203.png
For the next image, I took 20 images taken from a walk on July 24, 2011. They are aligned using some of the curves from the ocean foam, waves, or the curves from the bluffs. It was unintentional, as I was placing the images together - I realized that the images formed a shape that resembled the side view of a hand.
NatureWalk0724.png
For this image, I took 30 images taken from the La Patera Quad in Manzanita Village, UCSB, and placed them somewhat randomly together. The pictures were taken from different perspectives without any resizing or transforming. The pictures aren't perfectly aligned or have any alignment rule. They just display the place I was photographing into small pieces.
LaPateraMidnight.png
Redo:
For this image, I used 13 images from a series of photos taken of Manzanita Village during the afternoon, and placed them together to form one image. I had to rotate some of the images to get their lines to line up with the images around them. I also shrank and enlarged certain images as well. So they're not all the same size.
ManzanitaVillage.png
Last edited by mlen on Thu May 03, 2012 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

mandyoshi23

Post by mandyoshi23 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 pm

These are a combination of pictures from my internship's magazine at different locations. I tried to put together the pictures of buildings so that they form one big building. I did the same for the water, sky, and mountain region.
Attachments
Mapping.png

xinhuang10

Post by xinhuang10 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 am

These were pictures taken at the Mirazozo Luminarium event at UCSB. The variety of shapes along with the sunlight inside the Luminarium structure created a variety of colors. I tried to capture the feeling of the structure and the event by highlighting the pathways inside of the structure. I tried to show different perspective inside the structure and combined them into an interesting piece. I used color balance and blur to make the image more focused
illumarily.png

I took a variety of pictures of the library and the surrounding walk paths by the library. I created one image that arranged multiple view points around the library and assembled them into one point of view.

library2.png

agiel777

Post by agiel777 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:30 am

Independence Square in Kiev, Ukraine.
Attachments
independencesquare.jpg

tikamoini

Post by tikamoini » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:17 am

I started out an intent and meaning behind my images and as an unavoidable thought came up ideas about our country and I sought to utilize images relating to our modern social issues. I began with the image and shape of the american flag draping over our land to the borders of the ocean. Utilizing the color and form of the american flag. I draped the flag over America's borders utilizing the color of the red stripes to signify the blood and death dripping from our government's flag into the soil of our country and our ocean waters. I incorporated images of money that defines our society, the Made in China tag that labels almost everything we trade money for, and the warfare and terror we use to sustain these stains. This project took a lot longer than expected, and I took the project very specifically to create a form that defines the subject matter. I used layering and brush tools and although it is not completed as fully as imagined I find that it sufficiently displays the message.
Attachments
flag.jpg

kendallecrawley

Post by kendallecrawley » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:24 pm

For this project I collaged many images of a tree to make up one image. I layered many images on top of one another from various angles and perspectives and then rotated and re-sized them so they would all line up in the image of the tree. I was curious to see how a bunch of images taken from different angles of the same object could comprise the whole thing when put together.
tree.jpg

karenyliu

Post by karenyliu » Thu May 03, 2012 3:56 am

So at first, I combined the 7 photos I took of the Isle Vista beach, then I found it might not be interesting enough, so I took another set of 20 photos of a bicycle and put them together.

Beach - 7 photos
beyong-rectangle1.jpg
bicycle - 20 photos
beyong-rectangle2.jpg