w04 - Technical Choice

givens

Alex Givens - Technical Choice

Post by givens » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:56 pm

I focused primarily on creating my own Actions. I created a couple action sets that destroy photos just enough to be deemed cool by Facebook. My roommate said the effect was overdone, so I added some type to create a sense of balance.
Attachments
stop.png
aged.png
vintage.png

brenna.osborn1

Re: w04 - Technical Choice

Post by brenna.osborn1 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:08 am

I tried two different techniques - HDR and Photomerge - with photographs that I took. Here are two of the results!

HDR:
HDR1.jpg
Photomerge:
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

justinma1976

Post by justinma1976 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:16 am

I used two large action sets consisting of things such as Color Correction, Colorize, Sharpen, Blur, Fill Layers, Hue/Saturation, Layer Blending Options, High Pass, Custom, Spherize, Lens Correction, Clipping Mask, Opacity, as well as others that I can't seem to recall. I liked how the one of the building looks painted. I also like some of the vibrance that came out of otherwise dull photos, as seen in the Ferris Wheel. Glowing people used Find Edges and Solarize to really bring out the colors.
Attachments
chandelier.png
market.png
painted.png
ferris.png
glowingpeople.png

agiel777

Post by agiel777 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:25 am

Took an image of the Port vieux of La Rochelle, France and experimented wit an HDR effect that involved adjusting the shadow and highlight values in the original image, colour dodging, linear burn, and gaussian blur. The first image is the end result.

Following that, I experimented with box blur and inverting the colour palette, which created an effect I found quite intriguing.

In the third image, I altered the hue and saturation of the image in such a way that harkened back to Andy Warhol's prints of Marilyn Monroe and Mao Zedong.
Attachments
Larochelle3.jpg
Larochelle2.jpg
Larochelle1.jpg

xinhuang10

Post by xinhuang10 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:08 am

These images were altered and scaled using actions and then merged together using HDR.

hdr12.png
HDR2.png
Untitled_HDR5psd.png
HDR9.png

kendallecrawley

Post by kendallecrawley » Tue May 01, 2012 8:02 am

For this assignment I used three different set of photos. The first was a set of 21 photos taken at the beach in front of my house, the second is a set of 8 images of people jumping into queens bath, and the third is a set of 12 photos taken of my closet.

I first loaded each set of photos into their own stack and created an action to change the opacity, contrast and brightness of each of the images in the stack.
ebay.jpg
queens bath.jpg
closet.jpg

karenyliu

Post by karenyliu » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:50 am

For this project, I decided to use all kinds of different blur in the filters to change the view of the photos. I used blur to make a distill photo more action-like, and give it the sense of object moving. I thought instead of bluring the whole image, this choice to make only parts of the photo blur is actually more interesting since the effect gives the photo more action and life.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.JPG
4.JPG (9.6 KiB) Viewed 39353 times
5.JPG
5.JPG (10.04 KiB) Viewed 39353 times

By bluring parts of the photos, the main object in the photos looks like it's moving.