w06 - Time, Depth Space

wangqian321

Re: w06 - Time, Depth Space

Post by wangqian321 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:56 pm

For this project, I took several images from four videos. Then I put them into layers and adjust different effects of the layers. I adjust the contrast and curves as well. I’m trying to explore time and space in still image.
leon.jpg
This image is composed by several frames from the movie Leon.
piano.jpg
fish-.jpg
mobile.jpg
This one is composed by pictures taken from a cellphone advertisement.

sjh06282

Post by sjh06282 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:04 am

For this project, I tried to create animations using several pictures in sequence.

This project was from documentations of my other project that I did for different art studio class. I changed saturation and it came out to be changing colors in animation.
Time2.gif
The animation moves forward but the images travels backwards.
Time.gif

brenna.osborn1

Post by brenna.osborn1 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 am

For my project I decided to use animation - specifically pixelation to create a .gif that can be looped forever. I tried two different techniques - one with the camera still and one with the camera moving. I also tried to produce a still image that conveyed this time using opacity.
Attachments
time.gif
time.jpg

mandyoshi23

Post by mandyoshi23 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:40 am

Cinemagraph
For this project I took a series of pictures and a video, selected frames, turned the frames into layers, masked the areas I wanted to move, and created an animation.
Attachments
TimeSpaceDepth3.gif

agiel777

Post by agiel777 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:35 am

First image I decided to play with the thematic concept of perception by overlaying an image of an eye on top of an old photograph taken in the Arctic Circle.

Second image I played with depth by using a gradient blur that brought focus to the prime subject of the photo. In this case, a man in the midst of an opium-induced stupor.
Attachments
opiumdream.jpg
3rdeye.jpg

xinhuang10

Post by xinhuang10 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:57 am

I took pictures of the landscape from across a certain distance and layered the images together looking like it's moving through the whole spatial area at once.
grasstime.png
This picture was taken from a one perspective of the bike circle. As different bikes where passing by, i took different pictures and made them into one layer of images.
bike.png

tikamoini

Post by tikamoini » Tue May 15, 2012 9:19 pm

I compiled a series of images of the Champs-Elysées and Arc de Triomphe, of the other side, in Paris, from different time of the day and year to create a perception of motion, depth, and space through the famous street of Paris. I used Layers, Hue, Color, Lighting, Motion Blur, and some other slight changes.
Attachments
image5.jpg
image4.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg

karenyliu

Post by karenyliu » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:33 am

For this project, I chose to try the animation made with photoshop. For more consistancy, I chose to do the animation with photos that are taken in a series of action. I have made 5 sets of the animation gif. and each is made with four photos. I thought I came up with pretty good outcome, and the action looks very interesting. This project is actually very interesting to me because this is my first time doing animation with photoshop; before the class, I didnt know we could do animation with photoshop. With this new tool to me, I feel that I learned a lot with this class, and I definitely found there's certain beauty in this set of photos. Below are my animation project:
1.gif
2.gif
3.gif
4.gif
5.gif